New Delhi: Unified Payments Interface (UPI) for feature cellphones was made available by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) a couple of months ago to include feature phone users in the digital transaction space. UPI 123PAY allows more than 40 crore feature phone users to use the popular digital transactions platform without an internet connection.
With the help of 123PAY, users with feature phones can conduct a variety of transactions digitally using one of four different technology options. Calling an IVR (interactive voice response) number, using an app on a feature phone, using a missed call-based strategy, and proximity sound-based payments are some of them.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to create a UPI ID to use 123PAY
– Dial the IVR number (080 4516 3666, 080 4516 3581, or 6366 200 200) from your feature phone with the mobile number that’s linked to your bank account.
– On the IVR call, mention the name of the bank of the account for which you wish to register for UPI banking.
– All the accounts for the selected bank will be listed. Choose the account you want.
– The user is then asked to set UPI PIN. You can set your UPI PIN in a few simple steps. You need to enter the last six digits of your bank debit card and the OTP received from the bank. After validation of these details, you can set a 4/6 digit UPI PIN for your account.
– If your UPI PIN for the account selected is already set before, you can skip the above step of setting UPI PIN
– User profile is created based on the bank account linked
– Once the above steps are completed, users can start using the 123PAY service via the IVR number feature from their feature phones to make digital payments.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to transferring money via 123PAY via the IVR number with your feature phones
– Call the IVR number (080 4516 3666, 080 4516 3581, or 6366 200 200) from the registered feature phone and select the type of payment –select Money Transfer here.
– Now you will first be validated for completion of registration and then routed to the selected option.
– For fund transfer enter the mobile number of the Beneficiary to whom you wish to transfer funds.
-Confirm the details.
– Now, enter the amount that you want to transfer.
– Enter your UPI PIN and authorize the money transfer. Transaction will now be completed by debiting your account and crediting the beneficiary account.