Discover how to communicate seamlessly with WhatsApp’s built-in translation tool (Image source: Unsplash)
How to use the translation feature on WhatsApp:
1. Open a chat on your WhatsApp account.
2. Enter a message.
3. Press the message long enough for a menu to appear.
4. Select ‘More’ from the menu.
5. You will now see the ‘Translate’ option; select it.
6. A pop-up window will appear showing the translated message.
Additionally, Instagram, which is also owned by Meta, recently introduced a feature called ‘Quiet Mode’ for its users. This feature allows users to set their account status to ‘In Quiet Mode’ to inform their followers that they are away from the platform. The feature is intended to encourage teenagers to reduce their screen time.
How to use the Instagram Quiet mode:
1. Open your Instagram account.
2. Go to your profile settings.
3. Look for the option “Quiet mode.”
4. Toggle on the button to turn on the feature and set your account status to ‘In Quiet Mode’.
5. This will alert your followers that you are away from the platform at the moment.